Fórum Oceano has established 13 permanent work groups involving the different components of the maritime economy:
• Nautical activities and Tourism
• Ports, logistics and maritime transport
• Fishing, aquaculture and fish industry
• Energy and Minerals
• Biotechnology and Bio marine resources
• Shipbuilding and shiprepair
• Marine works
• Maritime services
• Environment and nature conservation
• Defense and safety at sea
• Research, development and innovation; education and training
• Strategic thinking
The Work Groups have the purpose to promote specific projects of research, development, dissemination and promotion of best practices in research and development of innovation and new models of cooperation and strategic partnerships between the maritime economic agents.
The participation is open to all members, that can participate in each group it wants.